Thursday, January 20, 2011

Farmhouse finds...

The week after Thanksgiving, we made our first trip to my in-laws. We recently moved to Bloomington, IN from Columbus, OH (Go Bucks!) Anyway, what was originally a 3 hour trip is now a grueling 7-8 hour trip. So, we bundled up and headed East...not fun!

One of the perks of going was I got to raid the abandoned farmhouse on their farm. Here is what I found...

Old fireplace floor grate...they used these in the faux fireplaces, and underneath was a gigantic hole, where the heat came out...

Old tool box, galvanized pail, super cute oil can (just like the tin man), and some files and a little jar!

 Wonderful old window/door. Its 4 and a half feet tall. The bottom middle pane is broken, but what a find!


And a super cute little wooden box. Its my favorite find, though I have no idea what I will do with it!

So that was all my finds, which were all FREE, which make them even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment